Fox Valley Metro Joint Police Commission
Meetings of the Joint Police Commission
The Fox Valley Metro Joint Police Commission meets on a quarterly basis on the 2nd Tuesday of February, May, September and November at 6:00 pm. Meeting are normally held at the Little Chute Safety Center. Check the meeting agenda to confirm location. Additional meetings may be scheduled.
Members of the Fox Valley Metro Police Commission
The Fox Valley Metro Police Commission is composed of six citizen members, two (2) appointed by the Village of Kimberly, two (2) appointed by the Village of Little Chute. Members serve a three (3) year term. The members of the Commission shall elect a President, Vice-President, and Secretary and the President shall vote only when necessary to break a tie vote of the members.
Little Chute Members
Current Members of the Fox Valley Metro Police Commission
Little Chute Members
- Scott Schommer - Current Term - 2017 - 2021, Email: email@example.com
- Bill Van Berkel - Commission Secretary, Current Term 2016 - 2019, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Verhagen - Current Term 2018 - 2021, Email: email@example.com
- Chuck Rundquist, Commission President Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Nate Email: email@example.com
- Jason Weber
Duties of the Fox Valley Metro Police Commission
In accordance with Wis. Stats. Sec. 61.65 and other applicable statutes, the Police Commission has the specific power and authority to:
- Conduct original entrance exams for those seeking employment in the Fox Valley Metro Police Department at the lowest ranks and to prepare an eligibility list;
- Conduct examinations for specialized and supervisory positions in the Department when such positions cannot be filled to advantage by promotion and to open such examinations to the general public;
- To approve or disapprove the appointments of the Police Chief;
- To appoint the Police Chief;
- To conduct hearings on discharge or disciplinary actions within the Fox Valley Metro Police Department;
- To sue or be sued where necessary to carry out an express power of duty.